Commercial, Corporate & Business Law
LEGAL ISSUES CAN NEGATIVELY IMPACT THE VIABILITY OF YOUR BUSINESS.
Our attorneys have the experience to show you how to prevent and resolve a wide range of commercial law matters.
Your business is your livelihood. Protecting your business from legal disputes initiated by consumers or the government is critical to your success. Although many disagreements can be handled outside of court, being prepared to appropriately respond to legal actions taken against your business, whether in or out of court, can make or break your reputation and ultimately your bottom line. Because the bottom line is important, we seek cost-effective solutions and work to resolve issues with urgency.
At Wharton Aldhizer and Weaver PLC, we understand both the legal issues and the client’s business. We have counseled hundreds of corporations and management teams covering issues such as:
- General counseling. WAW attorneys offer general counseling for business-related legal issues that can help solve potential problems before they arise.
- Corporate governance. Establishing a proper balance of rules, practices and systems that protect the interests of various company stakeholders and meets regulatory mandates can be a daunting task. WAW lawyers can help you build a solid governance framework that not only addresses company goals, but prevents potential legal issues down the road.
- Entity structuring. Getting the right ownership structuring advice and precise preparation of governing documents is key to business success.
- Business operations. Smooth transactions/operations in any business environment can depend significantly on effective contracts and procedures. Let WAW get you on the right footing by assisting with matters such as corporate documents and regulatory filings, negotiation of contracts and employment agreements, the development of stock option plans and employment benefit plans.
- Mergers & acquisitions. Contemplating a merger or acquisition? We can help with developing the initial letter of intent, structure and analysis of the offering, negotiation of the terms and documenting transactions.
- Environmental Law. Federal, state, and local legislation as well as court-made legal doctrines governing activities affecting natural resources and public health can have enormous impact on business and personal endeavors.
- Buy-Sell Agreements. The attorneys at WAW can help set up protocols amongst shareholders in the event of termination or death, ensuring your business' longevity.
- Divestures. The sale, liquidation, or spinoff of a corporate division or subsidiary of your company can be efficiently managed by WAW’s attorneys.
- Commercial Finance. Don’t let your commercial finance deal stall or fail altogether because you didn’t have all the facts. Hiring a knowledgeable legal team with a proven track record of staying current on the latest developments in finance and tax law, bond issues and related commercial finance topics can forestall major delays and potential liability for borrowers and lenders alike.
- Corporate Securities, Municipal and Commercial Transactions. Make sure you have a well-informed advocate handling your important corporate transactions. While the diverse list of corporations and municipalities that WAW has represented in multi-million dollar transactions over the years is impressive enough, the firm’s commitment to understanding industry-specific details and trends stands out among the competition.
- Insurance Defense. Insurance claims can be complicated enough when things go right, but are often an endless maze of paperwork and regulations when disputes arise. Let the experts at WAW guide you through step-by-step.
- Professional Liability. When dealing with professional malpractice cases, WAW attorneys’ know the long-term impact litigation can have on reputation, livelihood and future vulnerabilities and pursues every option available to affect successful resolution.