Family & Domestic
FEELING EXPOSED AND HELPLESS DURING FAMILY DISPUTES IS PAINFUL.
Our firm’s family law attorneys can successfully guide you through emotionally challenging transitions with compassion and common sense. Knowing that domestic disputes have both a significant financial and emotional impact, our attorneys seek cost-effective solutions including alternative dispute resolution and collaborative solutions, when appropriate.
Legal issues within families are difficult at best and combative at worst. At Wharton Aldhizer & Weaver, PLC, we are committed to providing sensitive and reasonable advice that will help you resolve family and domestic matters as smoothly as possible. As the complexity of the issues involved increases, the length of the process will likely increase, and the need for assistance working through all of the questions becomes critical.
YOU CAN COUNT ON WAW'S TIMELINESS.
Depending on whether the case involves joint property, children, alimony, and other factors, a recent study by NOLO
indicated that the average divorce took approximately 10 months. WAW can aide fast resolution.
Our attorneys are well versed in a wide range of family law issues, including:
- Divorce. Let our attorneys bring their extensive legal experience to your situation and protect your rights, your assets and your children.
- Spousal Support. Our attorneys can help make arrangements to best fit your situation and support your family.
- Property Division. Allow WAW attorneys to lend their expertise in order to make the division of property as easy and painless as possible.
- Child Custody. Making sound decisions about child custody and visitation can be especially challenging in the throes of divorce. Let the experience and level-headedness of WAW’s team facilitate the best possible custody and care solutions with your children’s welfare always in the forefront.
- Child Support. While Virginia law and statutory guidelines largely govern the establishment and amount of child support payments, the standard equation used in determining support may not address every detail of your family’s situation. Our lawyers offer advice on the state child support guidelines and address any unique issues that may arise during the determination of support payments.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). When a lawsuit is not the most efficient or ideal method for resolving a dispute, WAW can assist with choosing the best ADR for your circumstances. Types of ADR include collaborative law, mediation and arbitration.
- Collaborative Divorce. Parties that are in agreement about divorcing can benefit from a collaborative process for solving divorce issues rather than litigation. WAW can facilitate a timely, cost-effective collaborative divorce.