Trusts & Estates
HANDLING THE MANY TASKS REQUIRED AFTER THE DEATH OF A LOVED ONE IS A DEMANDING RESPONSIBILITY.
Let WAW assist with the proper planning and implementation of those details for you and your family.
Directly after the loss of a loved one is not the time to be faced with complex legal decisions. At WAW we understand how easy it is to put off planning wills, estates and trusts, yet our experience overwhelmingly indicates the importance of establishing a plan well in advance. When litigation becomes necessary, WAW attorneys have the expertise to guide you successfully through the process.
YOU CAN COUNT ON WAW TO HELP YOU PREPARE.
"When we needed to get a will done for my terminally ill husband, Matt (Von Schuch) worked quickly to get the information necessary
to draft the documents. He was caring and considerate of our situation and he made this part of getting affairs in order pleasant and painless." --WAW client
Our lawyers can help you determine best courses of action for:
- Trusts. Trusts are an effective estate planning vehicle for individuals who wish to control the distribution of assets and limit the impact of estate taxes. They differ from wills in that they can be implemented immediately upon death, avoid probate and reduce taxation.
- Wills. Our firm advises clients on the precise creation of a wide range of wills. Every situation is unique, so let our attorneys give you personalized advice for planning your estate.
- Estate and Trust Administration. Estate and trust administration is the legal process of executing the directives of a will or trust after the death of the grantor. If you have been named the executor or administrator of an estate or trust you have been assigned a number of duties which WAW can help you accomplish.
- Wealth Transfer. Our attorneys can help you establish wealth transfer programs that will most benefit you and your chosen trustees.
- Fiduciary Litigation. WAW attorneys are well practiced in protecting our clients’ best interest in matters of fiduciary disputes.
- Estate & Trust Litigation. Estate and trust litigation arises from disputes about a loved one’s last wishes. WAW attorneys conduct research, negotiation, mediation and attend courtroom hearings to resolve these emotional disagreements for clients.
- Adult Guardianships. In the circumstance of incapacitation due to injury or death, adult guardianship can be appointed in order to care for the personal affairs of an elder that WAW can help guide along.
- Advanced Medical Directive.
- Living Will
- Power of Attorney
- Health Care Proxy